Toxicological education is offered in multiple universities in Finland, especially in the University of the Eastern Finland with International Master’s program in Toxicology. Research in the different fields of toxicology is performed in many Finnish Universities:
- University of Eastern Finland
- University of Helsinki
- University of Tampere
- University of Turku
- University of Oulu
- University of Jyväskylä
Research in the field of toxicology as well as toxicological risk assessment is performed not only in universities but also in research institutes and governmental agencies such as:
- Finnish Food Safety Authority (Evira)
- Finnish Medicines Agency (Fimea)
- Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency (Tukes)
- National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL)
- Finnish Institute of Occupational Health (TTL)
European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is located in Helsingissä, European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) in Parma, Italy ja European Medicines Agency (EMA) in London, UK. These agencies coordinate responsibilities under different legislations which includes hazard and risk assessment of different chemicals.
Joint Research Center operates under European Commission. JRC is located in multiple cities around Europe.